Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Old Stick in the Mountain

When I was just a little girl, I use to ride to Bear Lake with my grandma and grandpa Davis.  We would drive along the old highway (just on the other side of the railroad tracks).  Each time we went they would pull the car over by this mountain and grandpa would tell me the story of how a long time ago someone was worried that this mountain would fall down because of the overhang so they found a stick and pushed it up under the rocks.  To this day there is a stick under that mountain (if you look close you can see it in the middle of the rock).  I'm sure over the years it has been replaced many times, but I wonder how many little kids have been told that same story.  Thank you granny and grandpa for taking me with you and sharing your stories...I sure do miss you!!!

No comments: