Friday, January 28, 2011

A Visit to the Coal Yard

This afternoon Randy, Taite and I took a little trip over to Huntington to pick up coal.  The ride was so beautiful with all that beautiful white stuff on the side of the road.  I remember when Randy worked over at the Huntington Power plant...I hated him driving on SR31 to get to work...especially during the winter.  When he was an hour late getting home from work, by the time he finally got home I had his funeral all planned out.  I know that sounds dumb but that road is DANGEROUS during a snow storm!

On our way home we stopped by the side of the road to take some pictures next to the snow banks.  We are talking HUGE!!!  Keep in mind that Randy is 6'5"!! Taite looks a little chilly in the first picture, but he's all smiles in picture #2.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Holy smokes!! That is a serious amount of snow!

I often think about how glad I am that neither you have to drive through those treacherous canyons to get to work anymore!

Unknown said...

WOWZERS!!! Those pics are Awesome! I agree with Bea. It's good to know you and Dad aren't driving those roads anymore.