Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The End of an Era

I will never forget March 16, 2008 when I got a call to come meet with the Bishop before church. I had taught the same sunday school class for 13 years and was hoping they would just leave me there, but I guess the Lord had other plans.  I've heard that "you can make all the plans you want in life, but God has made his own plans and he doesn't see the need to check in with you!" and how true that is. When the Bishop extended the call to be the Relief Society president, to say I was in shock would be an understatement. And trust me...I did ask the Bishop if he was sure it was my name he heard when he was praying. After much thought and prayer, the Lord blessed me with the names of three of the most amazing ladies that I would have the chance to work with.  Thank you Jayne, Camille and Joan for being by my side the past three years. For your love, friendship, support and prayers...you made my job so much easier. The fifth member of our presidency doesn't do pictures...but I assure you He was with us every step of the way.  Thank you Heavenly Father for lifting me when I felt I was carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders...for crying with me when I was sad...and for sharing my joy when all was well.  This last picture sums up the fun we had.  Four nuts, enjoying the work we were asked to do! But as in life...all good things must come to an end.  I can't wait to see what the Lord has planned next.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

The members of the Spring City 1st Ward are some lucky people. You devoted 3 years of your life to them and the church, which is such an admirable thing to do. The many humanitarian projects you've been involved with are truly an inspiration -even to someone who is not active in the church. You are a strong and amazing woman, and you deserve a huge high five on a job VERY well done!

(On another note: that second picture if absolutely hilarious -I love it!!)

Love you, Mom!!

Unknown said...

I loved Camille's comment about having to much fun and way to many funeral potatoes. hahahhahah

It was sad seeing you and your girls saying good bye, it's obvious you'll miss each other.

You've always been an amazing leader and a great example. We are so proud of you! Love ya