Saturday, July 2, 2011

Girls Camp 2011

It has been a very busy week and a half!  Last Thursday I was watching grandkids in Salt Lake, Friday we headed to Cedar City and Tuesday morning I left for girls camp!!  WOW...talk about marathons!!!  It's been a while since I went to girls camp.  When my girls were growing up I vowed that I would go to girls camp with them each year...and I did.  Either as a ward camp leader or as a stake leader and I have some very fond memories of my time with them.  But camp has changed a little since those years.  I remember lip syncing to Poison's "Ain't lookin for nothin but a good time" and I must say I do a pretty good CC DeVille impression with my air guitar!!!  Not to mention a little Def Leppard but now I would be banned if I did any of that...no ipods or cell phones (which won't work even if you could take them). There are some other things that have changed and definately for the good!  No more tents and there are more flushing toilets!!   So I turned off the cell phone and left the ipod at home...along with my computer, packed my truck and headed up Fairview canyon for 4 fun filled days of dirt, mosquitoes, rain and the beauty of nature.  This was our first year in our newly formed Cedar Creek ward and we had an awesome time.  Things are more spirtual than in years past...which is as it should be.  Our theme for this year was D.O.T.S which stood for Depend On The Savior.  There were lots of fun things to do that were centered around the theme.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I really enjoyed myself.

Cooking over an open campfire

The girls lovingly call these cabins "chicken coops" but they sure beat the tents we use to sleep in...especially when it rains!!

The girls didn't go hungry!  Here they are getting their lunches ready for the hikes.

Here we are in front of the "big yellow bus" that hauled the girls to camp.  One of the members of our ward had just purchased it and offered to drive them up.  Two of our girls aren't in the pix.  One was taking a little hike and the other had to leave camp early that morning., but as you can see, there were quite a few from the Cedar Creek ward.  What a motley crew! There were close to a 150 girls and leaders up there in our Mt. Pleasant Utah stake.  Good times!!!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

You're a brave woman to even go to Girls Camp. Let alone survive it and have nice things to say about the experience :)