Monday, July 4, 2011

A Week of Birthdays

While I was busy attending girls camp, two of my beautiful daughters were celebrating their birthdays...which was the first time I have missed their celebrations...EVER!!!  I got a chance to text both of them before we headed up on the mountain, but it just wasn't the same.  I remember when I was pregnant with TaNeal I would ask her what she wanted for her birthday and she would answer "the baby!"  Well...she got her wish.  Holly arrived on TaNeals 2nd birthday!  Over the years it was always interesting the way the celebrations went so that each of them could feel like it was there special day.  I'm not sure I always accomplished that.  Then nine years ago they were pregnant at the same time and we wondered if their babies would be born on June 28th also.  It wasn't meant to be, but they did end up in the hospital together and Logan and Haylee shared space in the Sanpete Valley nursery together.  Logan was born on the evening of July 2nd and Haylee was born a few hours later on July 3rd.  We went to the Hoopers to celebrate Logan's birthday on the 2nd and we decorated cookies for Haylee's birthday on the 3rd. Then we got together and celebrated all four birthdays on the 4th of July with cupcakes, cake and homemade ice cream...YUMMMMMM! 

Logan with his arena birthday cake Holly made for him

Haylee testing the frosting for her cookie we decorated

Homemade raspberry and peach ice cream...always at hit at our family get-togethers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Double the Birthday Fun :)