Monday, June 6, 2011

The Cattle Drive

After working on the fence for the last two weeks (not me...but Wayne, Daniel, Wyatt, Randy, TaNeal, Kenzie, Haylee, Taite, Dominic and Tailar)...and we are talking about a fence that surrounds 300 acres of field...the day finally arrived to move the cows.  Let me make it perfectly clear that I am not a cowboy and driving cattle from one field to another doesn't make my day!  But I knew I wasn't going to be able to talk my way out of it.  The really sucky part was that I missed both the 2 o'clock and 4 o'clock showings of "Days" today!!!!  Anyway, TaNeal and the kids came over and it was off to the field to begin the cattle drive.  The hour Randy promised me it would take turned into 3 hours and since driving the old truck was killing my leg, I traded TaNeal places.  She drove the truck and I rode the 4 wheeler a little and walked alot!!  Thank heavens those big old cows and their babies are safely tucked away on 300 acres of yummy grass...which hopefully means we won't have to move them for a while!!

It's amazing what 7 people, 4 4-wheelers and an old truck
can do in 3 hours.  This is the crew at the end of the trail.


TaNeal and the old brown truck


I think it's been about 40 years since my last pair of boots and
after walking for two hours in these...I think they are now
offically "broke in".  Thanks Amy for wearing them to work in the garden!  I would have had blisters on my feet if you hadn't!!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Damon and Jonas loved looking at these pictures! Ahhh.... life on the farm :)