Monday, August 8, 2011

Bear Lake 2011

Last week was our yearly family gathering at Bear Lake.  It's a time of year that I truly look forward to because I have the chance to spend time with my children, my grandchildren, my mom, brother, sister and all my nieces and nephews.  I've been coming to the lake since I was just a young child with my grandparents and it is filled with memories that I treasure.  It makes me sad to think that this time at the cabin will end in 2017 when the place will be turned over to Aunt Dodes grandchildren, but how blessed we have been all these years to have the chance to spend time together at such a beautiful place.  As we were cleaning up and getting ready to leave, Damon asked me  "Granny, so why are you giving up this motel in 5 years?"  Oh how I wish that wasn't going to happen.  But we will cherish the few years we have left and make memories for my children and grandchildren to remember.

This year...as always...we had tons of fun and lots of different projects to keep us busy.  Here are just a few of the pictures of Bear Lake 2011

Fun times on the Seadoo

The kids ready to play in the water

My five beautiful children at the Raspberry Days parade

Poker games in the boat house

Just sitting in front of the boat house watching the kids play in the lake

Tie-dying shirts - you will notice all the colorful creations in our family picture

Decorating cookies

Watching the Raspberry Days parade on main street in Garden City

Yummy treats made by my neices

A family picture including my mom

So here is to the family tradition started a long, long time ago of spending precious time together at that cabin on Bear Lake and creating memories that will last long after our time there has ended.  Bless you Aunt Dode and Uncle Fred for sharing this beautiful place with us for so many years.

No comments: