Monday, August 22, 2011

Spring City Canyon

Tonight Randy and I decided to take a little drive up Spring City canyon.  The youth were going on a hike to the tunnel and I wanted to make sure I knew where I was going...so up the mountain we went.  This waterfall was on the first little hike we took looking for the infamous tunnel.  As we traveled along the roads we talked about how lucky we are to have these beautiful mountains within minutes of our house.  When our kids were little we use to load them all in the truck and drive up on the mountain to roast hot dogs and marshmallows and just spend time together as a family.  Now they are all grown up and it's just the two of us.  While we didn't roast any hog dogs, we did enjoy the peace and beauty these mountains bring.  Following are some shots from the mountain...and our little "mud boggin" adventure.




2 comments:

Brandi said...

Pretty pictures, Mom! I love the one of Dad in the mud:)

Unknown said...

I agree with Brandi! I love the pic of Dad! You're right! We are super lucky to live so close to the Mountains.

We've been planning to go up there all summer. I think I better get on that before it snows again.