Saturday, November 26, 2011

All Decked Out For Christmas


I have been known in the past for not getting my house all decorated for Christmas until about two weeks before the big day.  If Randy had his way, we would put the tree up Christmas eve and take it down the day after!  He reminds me of Scrooge!!  But this year was different.  The Saturday after Thanksgiving I decided to get everything up so I could enjoy it for a whole month...I even talked Randy into putting the lights up on the front of our house!  There is a stocking hung on the fireplace for every member of our family...a tradition started years ago when we lived in Fairview and only had Brandi, TaNeal and Holly.  Over the years we have added more stockings as we added Amy and Jason, then came Wayne, Aaron, Daniel, Morgan and Krysten and then our 11 grandchildren, Ian, Kenzie, Gavin, Wyatt, Logan, Haylee, Dominic, Damon, Taite, Tailar and Jonas...and we still have room for a few more...hint, hint! And did you notice my Minnie Mouse angel?  Randy hates it but I lovingly place her on the top of the tree every year.  Here's to a whole month of bright lights and holiday music.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I love, love, love your fireplace of Christmas stockings! It's something that me and my boys always look forward to when we visit during the holidays!