Friday, May 20, 2011

Granny Nanny Returns

Brandi and Morgan are getting in the habit of heading to Wendover about every other month, which gives me the opportunity of going up and spending a couple of days with Ian, Damon and Jonas.  Being in Salt Lake gives us lots of opportunities for new adventures, but we always seems to start the time with a trip to Sizzler...which is Damon and Jonas' favorite place to eat.  Then we headed home for some Uno...Damon and Jonas that is...Ian had homework to do, friends to Skype with and WOW to play...sure hope he got his home work done :-)

Now I'm not going to say these two little cuties are "card sharks", but they do know how to play cards!!  As I mentioned the last time I stayed with the boys, when we play cards it's pretty competitive.  I don't have to let them win...they KICK MY BUTT all by themselves!!  We were recapping how many games we had each won.  Damon proudly let us know that he had won 5 and Jonas and I had each won 1...for an added total of 2 games for me and Jonas.  Jonas had this funny look on his face and then he says..."actually it's 11!  1 and 1 are 11!"  I like his thinking!!

Friday was our "adventure" day.  The morning started early with belgian waffles for Ian before we took him to school.  Then we came home and got dressed and headed out to explore.  Our first stop was the Oreck store to pick up bags for Brandi and my mom.  Our next stop was Lambert's green house on Redwood Road.  I remember years ago going there to pick up jet star tomato plants for our garden.  No one in Utah county had any so I thought I would give it a shot...and to my surprise...they were still in business!!  And can you say JACKPOT!!!!  They had tons of them.  We looked around and gathered several other kinds of cherry tomatoes, squash and cucumber plants.

When I asked them where they wanted to go for lunch they both said Subway, so we drove up Redwood until we found one.  I did make a "note to self" that I need to talk to Bea next time to find out what she usually orders them.  Jonas was happy with his turkey on white I ordered for him, while Damon got a little creative with his bacon and pepperoni sammy...but he did eat every bit of it.

Next we traveled to the Draper outlet where Damon informed me that "shopping isn't fun!"  So we made it short and then headed for our main destination...The Living Planet Aquarium.  What awesome stuff!  Damon really liked the stingray pool where you could touch the fish - Jonas on the other hand didn't want anything to do with the fish...he just wanted to play in the water.



Then it was time to head back to Bea's for some sad goodbyes.  Can I just say...AGAIN...how much I love spending time with my grandkids.  They are truely my gift for not killing their mothers when they were little!!  Thanks again Bea for letting my spend time with these three special spirits.



And Thanks Ian for all your help!!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I love you, Mom! Thank you again for coming to hang out with my friends -they had SO much fun with you! Damon and Jonas are still talking about the aquarium!

(PS Those are some way cute picture of three damn cute boys! :)