Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween 2011


I can remember when the kids were little, I really enjoyed Halloween. But now other than the decorations at my front door, I leave the celebrating up to my daughters and the grandkids.  I did start a tradition several years ago that seems to be a hit.  Other than our grandkids, we never seem to get many trick-or-treaters at our house and I was tired of having all that candy left over...so I decided to hand out dollar bills instead of candy.  You should see the look on the kids faces as I place the dollar bill in their bags...it's priceless!!  One little trick-or-treater said this year "now that's the kind of treats I like!!"  Don't get me wrong...it's not like I have a hundred dollar bills just waiting to be handed out...I have my limit of the first 30 kids that come to our door.  So far we are up to 17...and that doesn't include our grandkids.  They get their own little goodie bag.  Here are pictures of the grandkids - minus Ian.  He was busy doing his own halloween party stuff...which looked pretty interesting on facebook...here kitty kitty :-)


The day began with lunch at Subway with Batman! 
When I told Taite I was going to put this picture on my
blog he says "Granny...people are going to say Wow
I can't believe you really had lunch with Batman!"
Kids are so cute!!!!

Damon and Jonas - who you can see are into Star Wars

Kenzie, Wyatt, Haylee and Taite

Tailar and Dominic

Holly's family really gets into Halloween each year.
The theme this year was Star Trek.  Holly made her own
costume and Gavin molded the headpiece and made
his own wig!!  Holly really looked like a Vulcan!!!  It was
amazing!!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I can't get over how quickly everyone's kids are growing up!

I love Halloween and your blog is a fun way to see all of the fun costumes!

Unknown said...

I agree with Bea; I like how we can see everyone's costumes. It looks like everyone had fun!