Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Bea


I can't believe my sweet daughter is 37 years young!!  The time has passed so quickly.  I remember that day that changed my life forever.  Before Brandi came to live with us, I could come and go as I pleased...but now I had someone else I needed to think about.  Since she was my first baby I didn't really know what to expect when it came time to deliver.  You hear tons of horror stories and people tell you not to eat once you start into labor and boy I was wishing I had listened. I sent Randy for take-out from the Kowloon Chinese restaurant...which probably wasn't a good idea!!!  Brandi claims that is why she loves to have Chinese food on her birthday every year.  I remember sitting in the frontroom of our trailer (yes...we did live in a trailer...a 12'x60' to be exact!) when Randy came in, grabbed my suitcase and told me "I'm headed to the hospital...are you coming with me?!"  It was just starting to snow when we left and by the time we brought her home, there was about a foot of the white stuff on the ground!  I told her that is probably the reason she loves snow so much. Thank you for choosing to come to our house to live and thank you for the being the wonderful daughter you are.  We love you!!

I love this picture of Brandi!  It was taken in November 1975

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe how much Jonas looks like her! Cutie pictures!

Brandi said...

Thanks for the very sweet post, Mother! I can't even tell you how thankful I am that I was born to such kind and amazing parents. I love hearing you tell the story about the day I was born :)

I like Holly's comment! Maybe there is a little of me in Jonas :)

PS I think we should retake that photo of you and I. I'd just got back from Wendover and that picture shows it! ;)