Friday, January 6, 2012

It's Granny Nanny Time...Again :-)


It's been a while since I've had the opportunity to go spend time with these three handsome boys while their parents take a mini vacation and head to Wendover.  Our first stop was dinner at Sizzler.  Jonas told me that that's their favorite place to eat when I'm in town...and Ian is a good sport and just goes along with their request.  He takes care of Jonas at the salad bar and I take care of Damon. 


Next we headed to the Red Mango for dessert.  Brandi is always talking about their yogurt so I decided to give it a try.  Since we had just eaten dinner, we got one raspberry yogurt with fresh raspberries and four spoons.  The boys picked a spot by the fire place and we sat down and shared the yummy dessert.  You're right Bea, it is pretty tasty...but I still think the Berry Bowl has the best raspberry yogurt.


Then it was time to head home and stick to the schedule that their mother had left for me...well...we tried to stick to the schedule...but what happens at 1803 while the parents are away stays at 1803.  However I did tell the boys we couldn't do anything too crazy or else I would probably get fired!  After chores, homework and bathtime, we played a couple of games of Uno and then it was time for a bedtime story...the Prince and the Pauper...Mickey Mouse style.  Damon had already told me that he was going to sleep in his dads bed and Jonas jumped right into bed with me.  FYI...Jonas is like sleeping with a tornado!!  After what seemed like an eternity, that sweet little Jonas put his arms around me at 6:50 am and let me know it was time to get up.  Another thing we always do when I come to visit is to have belgian waffles for breakfast...no matter how early we have to get up.


Then it was time to get Damon ready and off to school.  Ian didn't have to be to school until 10 so we let him sleep in.  After both Damon and Ian were safely delivered at school, Jonas and I headed to Tooele to visit Amy and then we made a quick stop to see my mom...which the boys lovingly call "Darlin".

After our quick trip to Tooele and Magna, it was off to Wasatch Elementary to pick Damon up.  When we got home, Damon couldn't wait to try the new DS we gave him for Christmas.  He and Jonas looked so cute sitting on the couch.  Jonas watches everything Damon does.  I think he really loves his brother.
It wasn't long before Brandi, Morgan and Ian arrived back home and then it was time for good-bye hugs and loves.  I'm pretty sure this is just one of many granny nanny adventures for 2012...after all, there is an anniversary coming in March...and it's not mine.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Dear Granny Nanny, You're the best! All of us think so! Thank you for taking the time to drive to SLC to take such awesome care of my three little angels! Love, Bea

PS I love your pictures! It's so fun to see what you guys do while we're gone :)

PPS We'll see you in March for sure ;)