Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Granny Nanny

I'm always excited when I get a call to come spend time with my grandkids! Brandi asked me if I would come watch the boys while she and Morgan headed for Wendover to celebrate their anniversary. We had so much fun! The evening started with dinner at Sizzler after we picked Ian up after track practice.  Then it was several games of Uno, watch a few Erasure videos on You-Tube, bath time, story time, a few more games of Uno and then off to bed.  When we woke up I told Damon to come and give me a hug. I was talking to him and all of a sudden he started waving his hand in front of his face and then he says "That's some breath you've got there Granny!"  OH MY HECK...I just about fell out of the bed laughing!!  I even got up earlier and fixed Ian belgian waffles before he went to school...I think he was impressed I would drag this old body out of bed @ 6 am.  After waffles for Damon and Jonas, we got dressed and headed out for a little adventure.  Then after hugs good-bye and a Lusty send off, I was on the road again. I did get a text from Brandi telling me the boys were crying and missed me...then I shed a few tears myself...Another good memory to blog about.

Dinner at Sizzler

These two are killer at playing Uno...they did let me win a couple of games

After listening to Erasure on You-tube, we decided to pay a visit to F.Y.E. and get a CD so we could listen to Always and Sometimes while we were driving.  Unfortunately, they weren't on the same CD.

The next stop was Glaus french bakery.  My friend loves their little pettifores so I went there to pick some up for her birthday. Damon and Jonas got a cookie for after lunch and a taste of a boston creme cake they were giving away as samples...YUMMY!


Our last stop was Ikea for some swedish meatballs for lunch...and a little trip around the store to pick up some Bilar!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Mom, you absolutely awesome. Thank you again for coming up to stay with my friends! They're still telling me I should go back to Wendover so they can be with their Granny :)